I love a wedding that has a feature drink for the guests! It is such a fun way to welcome your guests. This blog is going to bring a little twist to the feature drink – I’m looking at HIS & HER feature cocktails. Why not have a masculine version for the men… that must not be beer. Check out some of these drink recipes
HIS – MIDNIGHT BLUE MARGARITA
– 1.5 oz tequila blanco
– .5 oz blue curacao
– .75 oz blueberry syrup*
– .5 oz meyer lemon juice
Shake ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker, then serve in a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with blueberries speared on a cocktail toothpick.
*Blueberry syrup – .5 cups water, .5 cups sugar & .5 cups blueberries
Bring ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Let the mixture cool, then strain out blueberries.
HERS – POMEGRANATE CAIPIROSKA
– 1 cup pomegranate seeds
– 1/4 cup superfine sugar
– 1 lime cut into 16 wedges
– 16 ounces vodka
– 8 ounces seltzer
Divide seeds, sugar, and lime among 8 glasses; muddle until sugar dissolves. Top with vodka, ice, and seltzer.
HIS – TURQUOISE
– 2 parts of fresh orange juice
– 1 part of lime juice (with water and sugar)
– 1 part of rum
– 1/2 part of Curaçao Bleu
– Chopped mint
– A bit of sugar
– A little bit more of Curaçao Bleu, to give a blue touch at the bottom of the cup
HERS – PURITY TANGERINE ROSE COCKTAIL
2 oz Tangerine-infused Purity Vodka
1 oz fresh-squeezed tangerine juice
.5 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
.25 oz rose syrup*
3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
3 drops of rosewater
– Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice, shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
– Garnish with a pink rose petal.
– *To make rose syrup, boil water and remove from heat. Add one heaping tablespoon of dried rose petals for each quart of water boiled and let steep for five minutes. Strain rose petals from the water and mix with equal parts of sugar until dissolved.
HIS – RASPBERRY BERRY COCKTAIL
– 3/4 cup fresh raspberries*
– 3 1/2 (12-oz.) bottles beer, chilled
– 1 (12-oz.) container frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed
– 1/2 cup vodka
– Using the back of a spoon, mash raspberries in a bowl; transfer to a pitcher. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve over ice.
HERS – LIMONCELLO & PROSECCO COOLER WITH RASPBERRY ICE CUBES
– Fresh raspberries (approximately 5 per cocktail)
– A couple of sprigs of mint
– 4 oz cold sparkling wine or lemon flavoured sparkling mineral water
– 2 oz Limoncello liqueur, cold
– Put your glasses in the freezer if possible, or at least the fridge so that they are cold.
– Put the raspberries on a plate; separated from each other and place in the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving time
– Gently ‘smush’ a couple of small mint leaves and add to each glass along with 5-6 of the frozen raspberry ice cubes.
– Add limoncello, then the sparkling wine or water.
HIS – MELLOW YELLOW MARGARITAS
– 1 summer squash (7 oz.), quartered crosswise
– 2 mangoes, pitted and peeled
– 2 ounces tequila
– 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges