Today is all about invitations! I am showcasing the amazing Edmonton Wedding Invitations Designer Glossie. Nicole from Glossie creates stunning custom wedding invitations for couples that are specially designed just for them based on their style, wedding and needs.
I always say that the invitations are the first thing your guests see of your wedding so they should reflect what your wedding design is going to be all about. Give them a little peak into the style of wedding they can expect on your big day!
Every bride and groom like to interview their vendors (wedding planner, florist, stationary designer, etc…) so I decided in today’s blog that I would do that for you! I asked Nicole from Glossie all the important questions that a bride would ask during their interview process.
INTERVIEW WITH EDMONTON WEDDING INVITATIONS DESIGNER GLOSSIE:
1. How long have you been designing wedding invitations?
I have been a professional designer for over 6 years and have only recently started specializing in invitation design. I have a lot of friends getting married now and although Pinterest is a great resource for them, they don’t know how to take what they see on screen and make it a reality. I can do that for you!
2. What is your favourite style of invites to make?
I like to keep the format simple, I don’t work with a lot of pockets and folds and complicated packages. I love to experiment with paper, typography, and colour to create new styles and designs for my clients.
3. Do you only provide custom invitations?
Yes, all of my designs are 100% original and exclusive to the client. I believe that everyone is unique and deserves to have a completely custom design for their wedding.
4. How do you come up with your designs?
I like to meet with my clients to really get a sense of what they are all about. I don’t just ask them about their wedding, I want to know about the engagement. Do they like cats or dogs? What are their hobbies? I truly enjoy getting to know my clients. From that, I can come up with a design that represents them as a couple.
5. What is your favourite material to use? Ie. linen paper, buttons, ribbon, etc.
Right now, I love textured paper, like a linen or wood grain. Paper can add so much detail to your invitations. Custom rubber stamps are amazing too if you want to achieve a rustic chic look.
6. Can you create a whole brand for the wedding? Such as save the dates, wedding invites, menu cards, seating cards, thank you cards, etc.
Absolutely! I actually prefer working on all of the wedding pieces so that everything is consistent.
7. What additional services so you provide that wedding couples should know about?
I also design engagement/wedding websites which are starting to becoming more popular for couples who want to save on invitation delivery costs. I can also create custom mood boards and monogrammed stationery.
8. What is your top 3 wedding stationary tips?
1. Don’t be afraid to be unique! The days of picking a font from a list and printing on the same white cardstock are over. There are so many amazing typefaces, and papers to play with now. Do you like to draw? Ask your designer to incorporate one of your drawings into the design. Have fun with your wording too. That’s another opportunity to show off you and your partners personality.
2. If you’re on a budget, your designer can find ways to save you money. Being on a budget doesn’t mean you need the cheapest looking invitation. There are simple ways to save money like changing your invitation size or printing with just one colour.
3. Don’t be afraid to show the designer your Pinterest page. I love it when my clients already have a Pinterest wedding board. It gives me a good sense of their style – and sometimes it’s easier to communicate that visually, rather than in conversation. Don’t forget to make notes like, ‘I love this font’, or These are the colours we want’.
Now it’s your turn to go and give Nicole from Glossie a shout! Make your appointment to start discussing your custom & personalized wedding and stationary needs.